Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My favorites food


In this article, I want to write about Oroshi Soba, a specialty food of my hometown, Fukui prefecture. “Oroshi” means grated radish and “Soba” means buckwheat noodles. Thus, Oroshi Soba is a kind of buckwheat noodles that the food is very nourishing and healthful food. I wish you could enjoy eating Oroshi Soba more with my article.

Soba is type of thin Japanese noodle made from buckwheat flour. It takes three months for buckwheat to be ready for harvest, so it can be harvested four times a year, mainly in spring, summer, and autumn. Especially, Etizen Soba is famous food in my hometown. It is sweeter and more flavorful than regular soba, because a grain of buckwheat is small. So it is expensive but it is delicious!

We can eat some variations of buckwheat. Especially, Oroshi Soba is very delicious. Oroshi is grated radish, so the taste is lightly seasoned and fresh. The combination of grated radish and buckwheat is very good.
I’m very proud of having Oroshi Soba. When I go back to Fukui, I often eat the food at station. If you visit Fukui, you can eat the food soon at Fukui station.

No comments:

Post a Comment