Monday, October 25, 2010

Famous food I like




Hello! I live in Aichi prefecture. Nagoya city in Aichi is big, so there are many famous foods in Nagoya. They are very delicious, but especially, I recommend Tenmusu to you. Tenmusu is an original rice ball that contains shrimp fritter (tempura). Ten means fritter, and Musu means rice ball. Rice ball is called “Omusubi” in Japan. I wish you want to eat Tenmusu by reading this article.

Tenmusu is a little similar to rice ball. It is easy for you to make it. Tenmusu is invented in Mie prefecture, where is located to next to Aichi prefecture. “Senjyu” which is a restaurant in Mie invented as a boarding meal. Now, this restaurant is a specialty restaurant of Tenmusu. A birthplace is in Mie, but now Tenmusu becomes to be a famous food in Aichi.

A shrimp fritter, rice, laver and little salt are essential ingredients of Tenmusu. About a shrimp, mostly, Southern rough shrimp is used to make it. It lives in Ishikari Bay in Hokkaido. Its length is about 12 centimeters and the best season is summer. It is easy to eat because it is a bite-size. If it becomes cold, it does not fail the taste and is delicious. Also, it is sold as Tenmusu box lunch.

My grandparents lived in Nagoya city, so I often went there to visit them. When we visit my grandparents’ house, they gave me Tenmusu on my way home because it is for them to go to buy it. Also, my mother likes it very much, so she often bought it. Thus, since I was young, I often can eat it, so I like it very much. When you have a chance to visit Nagoya city, please eat Tenmusu!

No comments:

Post a Comment