Monday, November 1, 2010

local snack


Ebisenbei
In this essay I will describe snack popular in Japan, especially in Aichi prefecture; Ebisenbei (lobster rice cracker.) Aichi prefecture produces Ebisenbei the most in Japan. The sharing percentage is 95 in Japan.
The recipe and ingredients are different from standard rice crackers. Ebisenbei is made by potato. Not rice. Most of the rice crackers are made by rice. But Ebisenbei is made by potato’s starch. Lobster is caught much in the sea which is near Aichi Pref. That is why Ebisenbei was made. Moreover many lobster foods are popular in Aichi Pref. Fried lobster, low lobster, sushi and stuff like that. I hope you like them all.
I have lived I Aichi Pref. for 15 years. And my parents bought it. The south of Aichi Pref. there is an Ebisenbei store where Ebisenbei is made and sold. There I can eat Ebisenbei for free. So I loved to go there. And now we can eat much variety Ebisenbei. Not only lobster. Octopus, squid, wasabi, plum, cheese or stuff is used. All of them taste good very much. So if you visit to Japan and Aichi Pref. you must try them!

No comments:

Post a Comment