Monday, October 25, 2010


In this article, I want to write about Unagipie, a specialty snack in my hometown, Shizuoka. Unagi means eel, and pie means a baked pie. It is called a night snack, and it is a light snack. We can eat it every time, because it matches Japanese green tea, tea, and coffee. Thus, everyone, children to elderly, like it.

Unagipie is a western style snack. It refers to the pastry of French, parumie. Its’ pie is made with powder of eel extract and fresh butter, but it doesn’t taste of eel. Unagipie is used secret sauce that contains garlic. It tastes sweet. The shape of it is oval and long. It is imaged for eel.

Hamamatsu city is famous for Hamanako, and eel is famous in the Hamamanako. Unagipie has high nutritious value. It contains vitamin A, and it brings us vitality and recovery of eyesight.
I am proud of having it in my hometown, and I like it very much. So, I want everyone to eat it, and to know its good taste. I eat it when I came back to my hometown. It makes me happy. I wish many people know Unagipie, and come to my hometown.

No comments:

Post a Comment