Monday, October 25, 2010

Kurikinton


In this article, I want to write about kurikinton, a specialty food of my hometown, Gifu prefecture. Kurikinton is home town foods of Gifu prefecture, Nakatugawa, Ena, Toki and Tajimi.
Kurikinton isn’t kurikinton which is in Oseti dish. Oseti dish’s kurikinton have stickiness but kurikinton don’t have stickiness and have moist. Oseti dish’s kurikinton origin is that kinton means gold. I think kurikinton color is yellow, so looks like money.
Kurikinton is that chestnut mix sugar and boil. Kurikinton is very simple food. My mother sometimes makes kurikinton. Or you can buy kurikinton. Especially, Nakatugawa is famous for kurikinton; Kawakamiya is one of the famous shops.
I’m very proud of having kurikinton in my hometown. When I am a little girl, my family would often buy kurikinton. I was born in Hyogo prefecture and lived until 5 years old. I didn’t know kurikinton by then. When I ate kurikinton first, I felt delicious foods. You will like kurikinton, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment