Monday, November 1, 2010

Local food


In this article, I want to write about Hekinan donburi, a specialty food in my hometown, Aichi prefecture. “Hekinan” means my hometown name and “donburi” means a Japanese "rice bowl dish". Thus, Hekinan Donburi is a kind of donburi that chicken, carrot, egg, onion simmered together and served over rice. I wish you could enjoy eating Hekinan Donburi more with my article.

Hekinan Donburi is a kind of Donburi. Hekinan Donburi use special product. Carrot and onion is special product in my hometown. We can make this dish easy. I introduce how to make. The ingredients are chicken, egg, carrot, onion, honewort, sugar, salt and Japanese style stock. First, you cut carrot like cut onion in slice. Next, you fly chicken and onion with pan. Next, you add carrot and also add sugar, salt, soy source and Japanese style stock. Next, you dissolve egg and add it and put honewort over egg. Therefore, you can put ingredient over rice. That is all. It’s easy.

I’m very proud of having Hekinan Donburi in my hometown. People who live in Hekinan often eat it in school lunch so, I ate it too but this dish is not known. I am not eating now but I sometimes feel homesick for Hekinan Donburi.

No comments:

Post a Comment